Saturday 8 April 2023

Flash Fic Challenge: An Unusual Body

 An Unusual Body

It wasn't the first time I'd been called to a newly-unearthed body, but it was the first time that body had been the body of a car. A Model-T Ford, to be precise. Suffice to say, when the prison work farm called me to say they had found a body in one of their fields, a car was not what I expected.

Still, a body is a body, so I went to have a look.

It was in one of their newer fields, currently half ploughed - the plough was sitting off to the side with a piece of scrap metal wrapped around the blade - and now with a car sized hole in the middle of it. The car was in remarkably good shape for having been buried so long.

If it had in fact been buried so long. It was the first of April, after all.

1 comment:

Jeff Baker said...

LOL! Oh I love it! Needed the laugh! I did NOT see the ending coming!!! Thank you!!!