Tuesday 21 February 2023

Aro Week: Robin

 

It's Aro Week! I'm going to spend it talking about some of my published aromantic characters.


Today: Robin from


Would You LikeCharms With That?: Two retired adventurers help a younger friend figure out what he wants in a relationship.


Robin is a nonbinary person who uses she/her pronouns and gender-neutral nouns. She's a wizard, now retired, who runs a magic shop with her queer platonic fighter partner, Callie, and has trouble telling her anxiety from her magical foresight. As a result, she tends to be quiet, thoughtful, and cautious. She and Callie are mentors for a lot of the younger adventurers and queer folk in their town.



A short sample: I went on, "After I finished my training, I was looking for somewhere to live, and she had an advert up for a room-mate."

Callie laughed. "I didn't realise Robin was the kid-next-door until after I approved her application."

Kit said, "Sounds like something out of a bard's tale!"

"Sure," Callie agreed, "except the bards would mess up and get romance all over it."

No comments: